The end of the year, we like to reflect on the past and look forward to the future. Here’s 3 tips to achieve your dreams and goals for the new, 2017, year.
1. Know your self. Know your passions. What do you truly want to achieve?
I find myself sitting in lotus position (it seems to work!) or taking a walk in nature, and having an inner dialogue. This helps to me to bring out my passions.
You might find it beneficial to ask your friends or family, what they see your best qualities & weaknesses are and this will spark ideas for you! Whatever your choice, always reflect inwardly – you don’t want to be chasing someone else dreams, do you?
2. Write out your goals.
Okay so grab a pen and paper, and start writing out what you truly want to achieve for the coming year. Dream Big! The skies’ the limit now 🙂 Keep them fairly loose to allow for flexibility.
If you can imagine one goal being;
- I want to find the girl of my dreams; black hair, purple eyes and green skin.
See, that’s pretty specific and will make it a lot harder to find right! Instead you could write out personality traits you would love to attract in a girl.
- I want to find the girl of my dreams; sociable, independent, vegan, creative/logical, calm/fiery etc.
Another pointer here is try to aim towards what you want to attract, rather than, what you want to repel/get rid of. Here we have an example of repelling desires.
- I want to give up smoking
- I want to give up animal products
Remember, what you focus on is what you will attract. In these two examples, they are going against the natural flow of the universe. Instead try something like this;
- I want to breathe more fresh, clean air
- I want to use plant-based products
3. Actions! How can I achieve my desired goal?
One goal can have many actions, and these should be specific. Using the previous example, let’s write a few actions to draw our dream into reality.
- Attend the next music society gathering
- Have lunch in a vegan café and speak to someone new
- Organise a vegan dinner party
- Go out exercising – (you never know who you might meet whilst jogging or in the gym)
I hope you can see why the key to all of this is ensuring you aim for goals that you truly desire. You will have to go out into the world to manifest your dreams so it’s important that you enjoy what you are doing. Of course, there may be some trade-off depending on your goal. You will have to work hard, but if you are true to yourself then you will enjoy the work 🙂
I hope this has helped you, now what are you waiting for.
Go make your dreams come true!
I know you can 🙂
Here are a few videos that might help you